Ofsted has currently revealed its new framework and handbook for inspecting direct vendors of the Office for Education’s two new flagship expert progress programmes for lecturers, the early job framework (ECF) and the reformed suite of countrywide experienced qualifications (NPQs).
These new inspections will search at the quality of expert enhancement and schooling and the success of management and administration to establish the overall usefulness of the direct service provider.
The start of these two programmes completes the golden thread of expert improvement for lecturers, beginning with effective initial teacher schooling (ITE) and then creating superior-high quality instructors and leaders at all levels of their professions.
Ofsted has labored closely with the sector to establish the approach to this new spot of perform. Inspections will give confidence to early profession instructors and NPQ contributors, school leaders and the DfE about the excellent of the education and experienced advancement available.
Inspections will begin in summer time 2022, with monitoring visits to check out that early implementation is on monitor. Monitoring visits will decide whether leaders are using efficient action to set up the new programs. From spring 2023, Ofsted will then carry out complete inspections of each lead service provider, a bare minimum of the moment every single two academic a long time.
Chief Inspector Amanda Spielman mentioned:
These two new programmes have the probable to completely transform the quality of teaching and expert progress for instructors. They will support the government’s designs to recruit, train and keep the remarkably skilled workforce essential to give pupils the best encounter in schooling.
Our inspections of direct vendors of the ECF and NPQs will make guaranteed the programmes are of the best quality and that instructors and college leaders are receiving the ideal possible support.
How will these inspections function?
In the to start with yr of a direct provider’s procedure, Ofsted will conduct a guide service provider checking pay a visit to (LPMV) to choose no matter if leaders are getting productive motion to build the new classes.
For whole inspections, which will stick to, Ofsted will judge suppliers on the high quality of expert growth and education and leadership and administration.
Inspectors will use the next 4-level scale to quality the key judgement places and the total success judgement:
- quality 1: excellent
- quality 2: fantastic
- quality 3: demands improvement
- quality 4: insufficient
Ofsted inspectors will:
- only examine DfE-funded lead vendors
- go to a sample of supply associates, ECTs and/or NPQ members, mentors, induction tutors, and trainers to inform our assessment of a guide company
- report on any failure to comply with the statutory requirements of the ECF
- comment on the high quality of the mentor education programme
Ofsted inspectors will not:
- make judgements about individual ECTs, NPQ contributors, shipping and delivery partners or mentors
- examine ECF coaching in colleges that produce their own ECF-based induction (no matter if applying the DfE accredited supplies, or the ECF to style a school-based programme)
- make a judgement on the content of the ECF/NPQ programmes of schooling, which are set by the DfE, and permitted by the EEF
- quality individual lessons taught by ECTs or NPQ members, or sessions led by trainers or mentors
- consider the accuracy of NPQ summative assessments.